Friday 22 September 2017

Post Audition Summary

For my audition, I went for the role of Clare or Connie. I sung Clares song 'Wossname' and Connies song 'Same Old Story'. As my vocal ability is my weakest part of performing, I acted throug the song and tried to portray the character through this. I done this during 'wossname' alot and used movement to interpret the song and the character.
For the speaking part, I uses the script for Connie and Rita and had Megan fill in as Rita.
Personally, I believe my audition went well. I messed up a little on Connie's song but I recovered and kept going.

After getting the cast list, I was a little disappointed I didn't get Clare because I felt like I could make her character really funny however, I did get my second choice, Connie. I'm nervous to play Connie because she is a very serious character and her song is quite hard for me, whereas with Clare's song I could've acted through it. Connie will be a bit of a challenge for me but I think I can do it if I just learn my lines quick so I can get enough rehearsal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Evaluation

In made in Dagenham, it took me while to get into character and have good characterisation. I think this was due to my lack of confidence of...