Thursday 9 November 2017

Cover Letters

Assistant Stage Manager - Royal Shakespeare Company

Reference Number
RSC1048

Location
London

Department
Stage Management

PURPOSE

To work as a member of the stage management team on Matilda The Musical in the West End.

KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
  • To support the Stage Manager in ensuring the smooth running of performances and rehearsals to the highest possible standard.
  • To work in a co-operative and collaborative manner with the creative team, company manager and general manager to facilitate the needs of the production in rehearsals and performances.
  • To ensure that the technical standards of the production are maintained, consulting the relevant departments as appropriate.
  • To be conversant with the RSC health and safety policy, current legislation and show-specific risk assessments in order to ensure a safe working environment for performers and staff members working on the stage.
  • To ensure that the artistic integrity of the production is continuously delivered throughout the production’s life.
  • To generate and maintain all necessary paper work relating to the production.
  • To keep all plot and cue sheets up to date and backed up, and generate and maintain all paperwork necessary for the smooth running of the production
  • In conjunction with the production office, to deliver the RSC’s programme of assisted performances; including facilitating touch tours and managing necessary changes for relaxed performances, if scheduled.
  • To assist with live publicity appearances inside or outside the venues
  • To support on props and set maintenance
  • To maintain adequate stocks of consumables
  • To facilitate the needs of the development, publicity and marketing departments as appropriate, including post-show tours and talks.
  • To attend any training that may be mutually beneficial for the development of the post.
  • To comply will all RSC’s polices, including (by way of example only) its health and safety policy, its policy in relation to use of drugs and alcohol and its policy in relation to safeguarding at all times.
ATTRIBUTES

ESSENTIAL ATTRIBUTES:



  • Professional stage management experience
  • • The ability to take initiative
    • The ability to work under pressure
    • An understanding and practical knowledge of the principles and safe working practices of all areas of theatre and stage management.
    • Excellent people management and communication skills:
    • Tact
    • Diplomacy
    • Discretion
    • Sense of humour
    • Patience
    DESIRABLE ATTRIBUTES:
    • West End stage management experience
    • Experience of working with children.
    • Experience in prop maintenance.


    My Cover Letter


    To Whom It May Concern,
    Please accept my resume for consideration of your productions Stage Manager role. I am currently studying to get my BTEC Diploma in Musical Theatre and my A level in Dance. The nature of my studies has prepared me well for a position like this. With a strong interest for stage production and coordination, my communication and organisation skills position me to thrive in this challenging and creative role. I am very keen to work for an ambitious company such as yours as I know what managing a production to success entails.  I feel I am suitable for this role as I have good experience as an Assistant Stage Manager. I have had experience doing lighting design, set and prop design and doing costume design. Thank you for considering my application.

    Yours faithfully,
    Valencia Alex

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Evaluation

    In made in Dagenham, it took me while to get into character and have good characterisation. I think this was due to my lack of confidence of...