Friday 10 November 2017

Made in Dagenham


During half term, we came in for a day and had our first blocking session. We walked through the whole script - except for songs - and made it all the way through the show. We set almost everything with our class however, we have had to change and adapt some of it for more people to be included. To get ideas for blocking, beforehand, I watched some clips online for the show and other versions different schools and colleges have done. One scene that I like is Storm Clouds. During the scene we've made it so everyone stays on stage looking out to the audience to sing, while the scenes during the song take place around the space. During the song the last scene to take place is Beryl running in to tell Rita that Connie has fainted and is in hospital. As I'm on stage we decided that I would faint on stage just before this happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Evaluation

In made in Dagenham, it took me while to get into character and have good characterisation. I think this was due to my lack of confidence of...