Tuesday 15 May 2018

Dance Show evaluation

During the dance show I was in two piece - Rooster and Mein Herr. The piece Mein Herr was based on cabaret and Fosse jazz style. His key style was shown during the movie 'Cabaret' - the film our piece was based on. This dance was originally a solo that I created and that as a group we adapted to a quintet. Throughout the piece we used a number of choreographic devices, such as canon and repetition. Our musicality was good and well rehearsed as certain movements matched the music like in one part when we do a little shoulder shimmy it matches the piano scale, and we also drop when the music does. And one section when we line the chairs up down the middle we step out from them in time matching our steps with each note. However, when the music got faster the movement got abit sloppy. We could've used more rehearsal on that part to make sure the movement was sharp and in good unison. My extension in my arms and legs was quite good and I made the movements big and extended. In the beginning our unison was good but as I said with the increase in pace we became slightly less in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Evaluation

In made in Dagenham, it took me while to get into character and have good characterisation. I think this was due to my lack of confidence of...