Friday 10 November 2017

Made in Dagenham

1.In what ways are you rehearsing the play and the songs? e.g personal practice, group rehearsal, one-to-one etc.
2.What are you using to help you rehearse the music and the scenes? e.g watching youtube scenes, singing along to pre...-recorded music, acapella, helping each other learn lines/sing solos/learn harmonies etc How is that going?
3. What are you doing in your own time to help your development and how is it going? e.g watching videos of performances, cast meetings, practice diaries, rehearsal logs, peer feedback, script reads, song rehearsals etc...
4. What are you taking leadership/organisation of? Is it effective? If you're not being a leader of anything then you might want to consider organising a rehearsal, teaching harmony lines, drawing up a singing schedule, arranging with a peer to help each other with solo songs, making suggestions in song rehearsals about character work/harmonies/dynamics/mood and how to go about develop them.


Since half term rehearsal, I've started learning my lines. I know most of my lines now but I'm still learning my cues. The part I'm most worried about is my song. To be able to perform this I'm going to need to practice and rehearse it a lot to have the confidence to do it for the show. I am going to rehearse this on my own and Luke has said he'll go through it with me as well. I think this is more about me having confidence in myself and hopefully with practice this will improve and I will feel more comfortable performing this. During gaps I've been rehearsing quite a lot. Me and Charlotte choreographed the dance to Cortina during a 2 hour gap and have taught it to the other girls. I'm trying to be more organised and trying to give myself enough time to get everything done. During last lesson we got the other class in and went through adding them in to scenes. We didn't get through a lot we only got to the third scene but what we did was really helpful and productive. During my gap at the end of the day, I also helped Kat choreograph the dance to This is What We Want with some of the other class. I need to start developing my character more and start to think what she would act like, her body language etc. She is the oldest one out of the girls but when I looked into her for my audition prep I noticed she isn't one of the frail old women she is still abit 'sassy' however I have to remember that she is in her 50's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Evaluation

In made in Dagenham, it took me while to get into character and have good characterisation. I think this was due to my lack of confidence of...